Lee is an experienced trial lawyer representing clients in a variety of industries including petro-chemical, mining, trucking, healthcare, premises owners, pharmaceutical, security, insurance litigation related to natural weather phenomena and construction over the past 26 years. Lee’s experience includes defending catastrophic personal injury claims involving wrongful death trucking accidents, medical malpractice, premises death and sexual assault, fire, chemical exposure as well as commercial disputes. Mandamus and appellate matters handled include jury verdicts, summary judgments and discovery matter. He spent the many years at Fulbright & Jaworski representing clients through their excess insurance coverage defending and preserving error in multiple party high exposure personal injury cases and assisting in birth injury cases throughout the western region of the United States. He also was a briefing attorney for the Court of Appeals.
He is a Member of the State Bar of Texas Pro Bono College and an Instructor at South Texas College of law.
A sampling of cases include:
- Defense multiple regional health systems and multiple hospitals in western U. S. in alleged birth trauma cases including cord prolapse, placental abruption, uterine rupture.
- Assisted in the defense of a regional healthcare system in abduction of invitee.
- Defense of multiple physicians in birth and surgical injury cases.
- Defense of property owner concerning a targeted murder of a tenant.
- Defense concrete manufacturer in multiple trucking fatality and plant accidents.
- Assisted in successful re-trial of multiple fatality trucking accident to a zero verdict.
- Defense of a plumbing subcontractor in construction case involving multiple projects to a take nothing judgment.
- Defense of fuel hauling company in catastrophic personal injury cases.
- Defense of chemical companies in alleged exposure death cases.
South Texas College of Law
Doctor of Jurisprudence, 1988
Sam Houston State University
B.B.A – Finance, 1985
AV®Preeminent rated Attorney by Martindale-Hubbell (15 years)
- “A Potential New Defense In Medical Malpractice Cases”, Law360, April, 2014.
- “EMTALA” , “Medical Records Security” and “Guide to Physician Testimony”, Harris County Medical Society.
- “Anatomy of a Lawsuit”, Association of Legal Nurse Consultants.
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel.
- Houston Bar Association
- United States Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- United States Court of Claims
- United States District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of Texas